Monday, May 26, 2014

IBOT: Professional Growth

The Introduction to Blended Learning and Online Teaching course has had a positive influence on me as an educator.  The course has allowed me to collaborate with peers and see many different facets of education in the 21st century.  I have learned valuable tools that I have been able to and will continue to be able to utilize in my classroom.

This course is just and introduction and to me it has done just that.  It has become an introduction to further exploration into the key philosophical viewpoints that this course had brought up briefly.  I can bring the knowledge of tools back to my corporation to share but more importantly, I can take the lead in asking the tough, guiding questions that need to be asked.  We need to plan with foresight proactively when looking into what is best for our students rather than planning re-actively.

 I will be taking on leadership roles next school year in planning for teaching a segment of the teachers on how to appropriately and effectively use technology in our role in remediation and everyday teaching.  This course has opened my eyes to different viewpoints and uses for technological tools that I will be able to use on a daily basis.  I hope to continue to learn and utilize the resources provided during this course to seek out this continuing education through collaboration and exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment